As we enter the month of August, I want to bring some biblical truths to you that will help you navigate through the negative economic and spiritual times of our nation and world. You don’t have to look very far to see that we are facing difficult times. With all the talk about recession, we need to dig deep into God’s Word and live strictly by the answers we find there. We can live recession proof in the midst of recession!
Living by faith does not mean we deny the circumstances that exist around us. It just means we embrace God’s reality and promises above the present ones! Genesis 26:1 declares, “And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham.” The Living Bible declares, “Now a severe famine overshadowed the land as it happened before in Abraham’s time.” The Amplified Bible declares, “And there was a famine in the land, as bad as the famine during the time of Abraham.” According to the Scriptures, Abraham’s son, Isaac, faced difficult economic times just like in the day of his father.
Famine can be defined as: a great shortage, extreme scarcity or lack. Yet, right in the middle of a severe famine, the Lord God Almighty blessed Isaac over the top! Genesis 26:12 declares, “Then Isaac sowed in the land, and received in the same year a hundredfold: and the Lord blessed him.” The Living Bible declares, “That year Isaac’s crops were tremendous-100 times the grain he sowed. For Jehovah blessed him. He was soon a man of great wealth, and became richer and richer..”
If we trust the Scriptures, we can logically conclude that God has the ability to bless His people abundantly right in the midst of famine. Are you willing to do what Isaac did to receive what Isaac received? If you are smart you will! James 2:17 declares, “Even so faith, if it has not works, is dead, being alone.” The New English Bible declares, “So with faith, if it does not lead to action, is in itself a lifeless thing.” The Wand’s Translation declares, “So faith, if it does not issue in act, expires with itself.”
I want to give to you some principles of the Word to meditate on the live recession proof in the midst of recession:
1. God will supply all your needs from His rich reservoir of wealth: Ps. 24:1, Phil. 4:19, Ps. 23:1
2. God will perform His Word for you: Jer.1:12, Ps. 89:34, Numb. 23:19, Hosea 14:2
3. Although circumstances change, God does not: 2 Cor. 4:18, 2 Cor. 5:7, Heb. 13:8
4. Avoid and resist the “fear factor”: Is. 41:10, Is. 41:18, 2 Tim. 1:7, Ps. 37:25, Is. 35:4
5. Resist the temptation to withhold in your giving: Acts 5:3, Ecc. 11:4, Acts 20:20
6. Do not stop tithing: Malachi 3:10, Prov. 3:9, 1 Cor. 16:2
7. Do not stop giving offerings above the tithe: Gen. 26:12, Luke 6:38, Proverbs 10:16, Gal. 6:7-8
8. Avoid the credit trap: Romans 13:8, Proverbs 22:7, Deut.. 15:6, Prov. 10:22
9. Let integrity guide you: Matt. 6:21, Ps. 26:1, Ps. 30:6, 1 Cor. 29:7
10. Place all your confidence in God and not the world’s system: Gen. 26:2, Rom. 12:2, Gal. 3:13
11. Talk right: Mark 11:23, Prov. 18:21, Prov. 6:2, Ps. 17:4
Make a decision right now that you will stay in faith and not slip over into unbelief! Keep doing the Word! Don’t back off living by faith. God will always bless you to be a blessing! Obey the Word with your actions and watch God be true to His promise! Do not let the media invade your thinking. Stay in the Word and let God’s promises guide you forever! We are to believe God’s Word and speak boldly His promises. God is faithful to His Word! We love and appreciate you always. Thank you for your loving support.